The Ambassador Program is a volunteer program for members of the Ocean Springs Chamber of Commerce. The program allows for more involvement within the business community and at events. The networking opportunities will enhance the visibility of your business and provide you with numerous opportunities throughout the community.
What is an Ambassador?
An Ambassador is an official representative of the Ocean Springs Chamber of Commerce as a front line volunteer at ribbon cuttings, business after hours and breakfast with the mayor events throughout the year. Each ambassador’s business must be a member of the Ocean Springs Chamber of Commerce – Main Street –Tourism Bureau that is in good standing.
Chamber Ambassadors are people who like to have fun while promoting their business. They serve as representatives of the Chamber as a front line volunteer at ribbon cuttings, business after hours and breakfast with the mayor activities.
Being a Chamber Ambassador does not require a lot of time, but it does allow you to get out of the networking event what you put into it. You can make a positive impact in the community, make new contacts and create business partners. We invite you to be on our team. The responsibilities of an Ambassador include participating in a variety of networking events and activities including:
- Official welcome committee greeter or goodbye host at networking events.
- Assist with ribbon cutting events.
- Assist with information table at Business After Hours.
- Assist with welcome table at Breakfast with the Mayor. (quarterly event)
- Attendance at Chamber functions including ribbon cuttings, business after hours and breakfast with the mayor.
- Knowledge of the Chamber functions, programs and services.
- Assist in membership recruitment.
- Terms of service shall be one year. Each year Ambassador must complete a new form to remain on Committee.
- Opportunities to volunteer for Annual events including St. Paddy’s Celebration, Herb, Garden & Art Festival, Red, White & Blueberry Festival, Cruisin’ the Coast and Peter Anderson Arts & Crafts Festival through the events coordinator/committee.
Each Ambassador will receive an official name badge during or after the attendance of first official networking event. Ambassadors are required to attend as many functions as possible throughout the year, stay up to date on Chamber programs and services, and correspond with current members. “Ambassador of the Year” Award is given each year at the Annual Banquet.
Small Commitment Equals Big Impact
Being a Chamber Ambassador does not require a lot of time, but it does allow you to get out of the networking event what you put into it. You can make a positive impact in the community and for your business, make new contacts and create business partners.