Ocean Springs Community Awards announced at annual meeting
(Ocean Springs, Miss) – For years, the Ocean Springs Chamber of Commerce-Main Street-Tourism Bureau has recognized outstanding members of the community who have made extraordinary contributions in service, economic development and quality of life. This year’s awards were presented during the Chamber’s annual meeting held at Gulf Hills Hotel and Conference Center on Wednesday, March 4 by Mayor Shea Dobson and Executive Director Cynthia Sutton.
Awards were given in the following categories: Educator of the Year, Volunteer of the Year, Community Leader of the Year, Restaurant of the Year, Retailer of the Year, Main Street of the Year, Ambassador of the Year, Entrepreneur of the Year, Legacy Award, Ocean Springs First Responder of the Year, and 2019 Board President recognition. The winners were:
- Educator of the Year – Magen Brumble
- Volunteer of the Year – Anna Curtis
- Ocean Springs Community Leader of the Year – Lee Bond, Singing River Health System
- Ocean Springs First Responder of the Year – Jessie Galloway, Ocean Springs Police Department
- Restaurant of the Year – Woody’s Roadside, Ryan Glouner
- Retailer of the Year – Tri Hard Sports, Duncan Perkins
- Main Street of the Year – Mary C. O’Keefe Cultural Center
- Ambassador of the Year – Zane Wells, Edward Jones
- Entrepreneur of the Year, April Burks, Love Ivy and Franko’s Clothing
- Legacy Award 2019 – Kay Woods, The Lord is My Help
- 2019 President Appreciation Award – Brad Cates, Mississippi Power
The 2020 banquet was sponsored by Chevron Pascagoula Refinery, The Citizen Bank, Fort Bayou Wine & Spirits, Gulf Hills Hotel & Conference Center, Hancock Whitney Bank, Keesler Federal Credit Union, Ocean Springs Lumber Company, Singing River Health, M&M Bank, and Mississippi Power.